The most important rule of hiking is to Leave No Trace. Take nothing but photos and leave nothing but footprints. This is something you should live by. You’re taking advantage of the great outdoors, it’s your responsibility to leave nothing behind — not even an apple seed and we could not be any more serious than that.
These trails you are enjoying are probably spectacular. The reason people visit them is because they are free of garbage. It’s really up to all of us to ensure that they stay that way. That includes common sense things like don’t leave trash on the trail.
• Stay on established trails
• Pack it in, pack it out (do not leave any trash behind)
• Examine, but do not touch cultural or historic structures
• Leave rocks, plants and other natural objects as you find them
• Where fires are permitted, use established fire rings or fire pans
• Keep fires small. Only use sticks from the ground that can be broken by hand
• Burn all wood and coals to ash, put out campfires completely
• Control pets at all times, or leave them at home
• Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience
• Be courteous. Yield to other users on the trail
• Observe wildlife from a distance. Do not follow or approach them.
• Never feed animals, you’re not at the zoo.
Hiking is one of the most enjoyable ways to spend time outdoors. Whether it’s a local trail closer to home or someplace remote in a new country, hiking offers an incredibly rewarding way to move your body and explore new places while finding peace away from society’s busyness.
Hiking can also be great for your personal well-being, providing both physical and mental benefits. Moving your body outdoors and clearing your mind with the fresh air can do wonders for your own health.
Our main goal at The Hiking Shop is to get everyone of all ages out to Hike. Because we know Hiking:
• Hiking clears the mind and reduces stress
• Hiking improves sleep quality
• Got a problem to solve? Go for a hike
• Learn to live in the moment
• Hiking reduces anxiety and depression
The list goes on and on. The crew at The Hiking Shop just want’s you to start.
#GoHiking and enjoy!
Connect with us:
Instagram Twitter Facebook YouTube Pinterest